"Cali has been an absolute pleasure to work with – she has come to my home numerous times to assess my collection, has eagerly visited galleries or art fairs with me, and has overseen all installations and selections. Her passion and enthusiasm are infectious and her knowledge has inspired me as a collector. I trust her sound advice."Elizabeth Mittendorf, MD, PhD MD Anderson.
"I have known Cali A. Pettigrew for many years. She, at the helm of ART PORTFOLIO INC, continues to exceed my expectations and client service with her high level of professionalism in all her dealings…She has handled a number of transactions for me that I feel could not have been accomplished without her intense organization, and steadfast understanding of the business of art"Don A. Sanders, Private Collection, Houston, TX
"I can write with fullest confidence on behalf of Cali A. Pettigrew. I have worked with ART PORTFOLIO INC and found her to be a top-level professional in a field that requires a subtle knowledge of aesthetics as well as the pragmatics of the art business."Ralph Gibson, Photographer, New York
"We love working with Cali! She is incredibly professional, has a solid understanding of the auction industry and is an absolute pleasure to work with!"Caroline Deck, PHILLIPS
"ART PORTFOLIO INC. has been a dream to work with– smart, efficient, organized, and helpful beyond anything I could have hoped for."Beth B. Iskander , SOTHEBY´S
"I truly enjoyed working with ART PORTFOLIO INC on a large project ….API was incredibly professional, organized, and ensured everything ran smoothly…I look forward to working with Cali and API again."Philippe Garner, CHRISTIE´S
"If you want it done right – then Cali A. Pettigrew and ART PORTFOLIO INC is person and company for you."Josh Baer, Art World Insider, Publisher of The Baer Faxt. New York
ACQUISITIONS + ART ADVISORY SERVICES
Our acquisition and art advisory services offer an initial consultation to establish the needs of any client interested in purchasing quality works of art.
Whether it’s a one-time purchase or part of a long-term collecting strategy, making an informed, carefully researched decision to purchase a work of art is a unique and fun process. We work directly with many interior designers, design plans, or directly with the client to maintain a holistic view to a client’s needs. After our initial consultation, the project goals are outlined, discussed, budgeted, and executed. Open communication with our clients each step of the way insures a successful and happy project.
Our Acquisitions + Art Advisory services include:
• Identifying and executing a collection or single-purchase buying strategy
• Sourcing works of art at auction, galleries, from artists and dealers
• Researching art market pricing and valuation opinions
• Appraisal by relevant experts and institutions when appropriate for purchase considerations
• Conducting private, guided, gallery and art fair tours in the US and abroad
• Coordinating purchases and completing transactions on behalf of clients
• Art shipping and transportation in the US and abroad
• Framing and art presentation design
• Art placement and installation
INVENTORY SYSTEMS + COLLECTIONS MANAGEMENT
Our inventory and collections management services are specialized art services unique to our firm.
By implementing museum quality fine art asset management with full digital archiving and collections management services, we produce scalable art inventory systems for any size fine art collection. ART PORTFOLIO INC maintains, streamlines, and preserves property asset knowledge increasing its function in the current digital art environment. The API system reduces the burden of inventory asset management, activating art collections on a progressively responsive digital mobile system. Our commitment to the field of art advisory paired with inventory system integration and collections management integrates the full spectrum of art services to our clients when engaged. Once acquired, maintaining your fine art collection ensures the proper care and preservation.
• Digitize, catalog and inventory your fine art assets
• Streamline your collection in a progressive, digital, mobile inventory system
• Maintain your art inventory and necessary appraisal reports
• Collection care guidance and condition reporting
• Deaccessioning and sales or donation strategy creation
• Framing and installation
• Transportation, fine art storage and art conservation
• Exhibition design and programming
Cali Alvarado Pettigrew, founder and director of ART PORTFOLIO INC is a tested, USPAP compliant fine art appraiser, Associate of the Appraisal Association of America (AAA), and holds a Certificate of Appraisal in Fine and Decorative Art from New York University.
She has over 10 years of experience in the fine art and photographic markets and is recognized by insurance, legal and government institutions to prepare appraisals for fine and decorative art.
As a fine art appraiser, researcher and cataloger, Cali specializes in Post-War and Contemporary Art and 20th Century photography. She has worked specifically in the 20th Century, Modern and Contemporary art markets for the past 7 years, with extensive research in the secondary resale markets both in the U.S. and abroad.
Appraisal purposes include:
• Insurance scheduling + appraisals
• Estate tax + planning
• Charitable contribution/Donation
• Damage + loss
• Equitable Distribution/Family division
ART MARKET RESEARCH + EDUCATION
ART PORTFOLIO INC (API) focuses on the importance of being a well-informed buyer.
Education, connoisseurship, and art market research are the corner stones to any fine art appraisal and acquisition. Integrating an extensive 10 years of experience in art market research of post war and contemporary art and photography, API provides leading, market data and research to make a well-informed decision.
• Tours and access to galleries, art fairs, artist studios, and auction houses
• Market research and sales history reports for artists and their markets
• Access to industry vetted art research and price index databases
• TEFAF and annual market index reports for the asset heavy collector
Testimonial for Art Market Research:
“ My husband and I needed advice on a piece of art and contacted Art Portfolio, Inc. Cali provided us with comprehensive art market research and response regarding the piece of art. She clearly did her due diligence and educated us on the artist and the value. Cali’s advice helped us make a good financial decision. We purchased the piece and feel confident in our decision but more than that love seeing it every day in our home.”
-Private Collectors, Houston, TX